Patient’s Rights and Responsibilities
You will be treated with respect and as a partner in your care. Being a partner means you have responsibilities too.
- Ensure our patients have access to 24hr medical advice work in partnership with you to achieve the best medical care possible.
- Involve you and listen to your opinions and views in all aspects of your medical care.
- Advise and inform you of the steps you can take to promote a good and healthy lifestyle.
We would respectfully ask that you:
- Treat staff with courtesy and respect.
- Inform the staff of any alterations in your circumstances.
- As patients you are responsible for your own health and that of dependants.
- It is important that you adhere to the advice and information given to you.
Personal information and Confidentiality
We ask for personal information so that you can receive the correct care and treatment. This information is recorded on computer and may be shared with others For example District Nurses and hospital services.
We comply with data protection and Access to Medical Records legislation. The Practice will ensure that patient confidentiality is maintained at all times by all members of the Practice team.
Freedom of Information
The ICO has published a new Model Publication Scheme that all public authorities are required to adopt by 1st January 2009.
Model Publication Scheme - further information